Here are 11 key principles to keeping your immune system strong during the fall and winter season, to prevent the cold and flu.
Watch the video for more details about each topic.
- Exercise. Mindful movement. Yoga. Qi gong. Tai chi. dance. Lifting weights. Cardio (bike, run, elliptical, etc)
- Herbal Medicine.
- Green tea, elderberry, echinacea, astragalus, oregano leaf/oil, olive leaf. Garlic, andrographis, Jade Wind Screen (Yu Ping Feng San), tulsi, cayenne, cinnamon, ginger, clove, licorice, shiitake mushroom, rosemary, thyme, turmeric.
- Minimize sugar and processed junk food.
- Eat whole food, and eat warming foods during winter time. Avoid cold raw foods such as melon and cucumber.
- Eat: Soups, ginger, garlic, jalapeño, fennel, root veggies, sweet potatoes, beets, carrots, salmon, nuts & seeds, almonds, cashews, citrus foods such as orange and lemon, Spinach, turmeric, green tea.
- Dry brush.
- Essential oils.
- Hot cold hydrotherapy.
- Get adequate sleep.
- Sunshine whenever possible.
In addition to these 11 immunity boosting tools, acupuncture is a powerful method to keep you healthy, all winter long!
Avoid the cold and flu, and schedule your acupuncture treatment today!
CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT KEEPING YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM STRONG.